Friday, January 13, 2006

"I have a clue"


I picked Erica up at school and as we were walking to the van, she informed me "I have a clue." Oh, ok, I thought,just what are you your referring to? "You said that I don't have a clue, but I do". I am now totally confused so I asked for mroe information.

Who said this? "You said that Jacob was excited about the cruise, Rachel was excited about missing school, and that I didn't have a clue." Ok, I remember saying this to everyone who asked how the kids reacted to the announcement of our Mrach break cruise, but I never said this in front of the kids. But, the quote was almost verbatim, so who told her?

Erica named some girl who is her class but the name meant nothing to me. I didn't recall talking to any grade two students lately, and I don't really socialize with any of the parents, so who told her this? I asked Erica is she knew the girls last name and the did. Small world, but the little girl who told Erica has a brother on Jacob's hockey team, and I mentioned the cruise in the dresssing room on Sunday, so it must have been his mother who told her daughter who got the quote right and told Erica. Small freaking world!It took a fair amount of ass kissing and explaining to put things right with Erica. Now if anyone asks about the crusie and the kids, the new explanation is that Jacob and Erica are both excited abbout the cruise!

Lesson learned!

Till next time,
Michael

No comments: